Ross' new vocal works album will begin recording over the Winter 2017 - Spring 2018 season, and he is looking for a fitting Mezzo-Soprano or Zwischen voice to record his award-winning and critically-acclaimed song cycle "The Passive-Aggressive's Guide to Mother Goose." The collection will be released on the Navona Records/Naxos of America label.
From Ross himself: "The Passive-Aggressive's Guide to Mother Goose" is a comedic (sometimes sardonic and disturbing) song cycle I composed for a theatrical performance, selecting various characters from the Mother Goose fairy tales and uncovering the possible darker side of those tales. In choosing a performer for the recording, the vocalist must be comfortable with the musical material and most importantly, bring out the theatricality of the performance through the voice where the listener can decipher the character aurally."
1. All vocalists submitting for consideration must learned one of the songs from the cycle. Audio and video recordings will be accepted. the score excerpt can be found HERE.
2. Submissions will be accepted until 12:00 AM (CST) on September 15th, 2017.
3. Applicants must be able to travel to Chicago for two (2) days to record. Travel costs will not be covered.
4. All submissions must include a recording, resume, and contact information. Send all materials to Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Applicants will be notified by November 3rd, 2017. We regret that we will not be able to send individual messages as to the results.
6. Compensation will be discussed once the application process has ended.
Thank you, and best of luck!